Here are some snaps from my window…
Lots more on my Picasa Album
here is the link
Here are some snaps from my window…
Lots more on my Picasa Album
here is the link
01. Call an old friend, just to say hi.
02. Hold a door open for a stranger.
03. Invite someone to lunch.
04. Compliment someone on his or her appearance.
05. Ask a coworker for their opinion on a project.
06. Bring cookies to work.
07. Let someone cut in during rush hour traffic.
08. Leave a waitress or waiter a big tip.
09. Tell a cashier to have a nice day.
10. Call your parents.
11. Let someone know you miss them.
12. Treat someone to a movie.
13. Let a person know you really appreciate them.
14. Visit a retirement center.
15. Take a child to the zoo.
16. Fill up your spouse’s car with gas.
17. Surprise someone with a small gift.
18. Leave a thank-you note for the cleaning staff at work.
19. Write a letter to a distant relative.
20. Tell someone you thought about them the other day.
21. Put a dime in a stranger’s parking meter before the time expires.
22. Bake a cake for a neighbor.
23. Send someone flowers to where they work.
24. Invite a friend to tea.
25. Recommend a good book to someone.
26. Donate clothing to a charity.
27. Offer an elderly person a ride to where they need to go.
28. Bag your own groceries at the checkout counter.
29. Give blood.
30. Offer free baby-sitting to a friend who’s really busy or just needs a break.
31. Help your neighbor rake leaves or shovel snow.
32. Offer your seat to someone when there aren’t any left.
33. Help someone with a heavy load.
34. Ask to see a store’s manager and comment on the great service.
35. Give your place in line at the grocery store to someone who has only a few items.
36. Hug someone in your family for no reason.
37. Wave to a child in the car next to you.
38. Send a thank-you note to your doctor.
39. Repeat something nice you heard about someone else.
40. Leave a joke on someone’s answering machine.
41. Be a mentor or coach to someone.
42. Forgive a loan.
43. Fill up the copier machine with paper after you’re done using it.
44. Tell someone you believe in them.
45. Share your umbrella on a rainy day.
46. Welcome new neighbors with flowers or a plant.
47. Offer to watch a friend’s home while they’re away.
48. Ask someone if they need you to pick up anything while you’re out shopping.
49. Ask a child to play a board game, and let them win.
50. Ask an elderly person to tell you about the good old days.
51. During bad weather, plan an indoor picnic with the family.
52. Buy someone a goldfish and bowl.
53. Compliment someone on their cooking and politely ask for a second helping.
54. Dance with someone who hasn’t been asked.
55. Tell someone you mentioned them in your prayers.
56. Give children’s clothes to another family when your kids outgrow them.
57. Deliver extra vegetables from your garden to the whole neighborhood.
58. Call your spouse just to say, I love you.
59. Call someone’s attention to a rainbow or beautiful sunset.
60. Invite someone to go bowling.
61. Figure out someone’s half-birthday by adding 182 days, and surprise them with a cake.
62. Ask someone about their children.
63. Tell someone which quality you like most about them.
64. Brush the snow off of the car next to yours.
65. Return your shopping cart to the front of the store.
66. Encourage someone’s dream, no matter how big or small it is.
67. Pay for a stranger’s cup of coffee without them knowing it.
68. Leave a love letter where your partner will find it.
69. Ask an older person for their advice.
70. Offer to take care of someone’s pet while they’re away.
71. Tell a child you’re proud of them.
72. Visit a sick person, or send them a care package.
73. Join a Big Brother or Sister program.
74. Leave a piece of candy on a coworker’s desk.
75. Bring your child to work with you for the afternoon.
76. Give someone a recording of their favorite music.
77. Email a friend some information about a topic they are especially interested in.
78. Give someone a homemade gift.
79. Write a poem for someone.
80. Bake some cookies for your local fire or police department.
81. Organize a neighborhood cleanup and have a barbecue afterwards.
82. Help a child build a birdhouse or similar project.
83. Check in on an old person, just to see if they’re okay.
84. Ask for the recipe after you eat over at someone’s house.
85. Personally welcome a new employee at work and offer to take them out for lunch.
86. While in a car, ask everyone to buckle up because they are important to you.
87. Let someone else eat the last slice of cake or pizza.
88. Stop and buy a drink from a kid’s lemonade stand.
89. Forgive someone when they apologize.
90. Wave to someone looking for a parking space when you’re about to leave a shopping center.
91. Send a copy of an old photograph to a childhood friend.
92. Leave a pint of your spouse’s favorite flavor of ice cream in the freezer with a bow on it.
93. Do a household chore that is usually done by someone else in the family.
94. Be especially happy for someone when they tell you their good news.
95. Compliment a coworker on their role in a successful project.
96. Give your spouse a spontaneous back rub at the end of the day.
97. Serve someone in your family breakfast in bed.
98. Ask someone if they’ve lost weight.
99. Make a donation to a charity in someone’s honor.
100. Take a child to a ballgame.
Have you ever wished for something and forgotten about it…then the thing happens, it scares you but once u calm yourself, realize that you actually got a wish come true?
Too much? Hahahaha
I was meditating on my terrace early morning and I felt someone touch me on my left thigh. I opened my eyes to see a squirrel staring at me. I got scared and obviously that scared the little fella and it ran away. Iske baad kya meditation hota? I still tried for 5 mins but decided to chuck it and went back down stairs. On my way back I realized that I wanted this to happen.
I was and still am in awe of rishi muni’s who get so lost that the surrounding birds and animal’s think of them as statues and come close to them. For some reason, I always wanted it to happen to me. It did today. Just that I got scared and scared the poor thing. : ( I feel so silly now.
Wishes come true though : )
I don’t know how other mom’s are but my mom has 1 single cure for most things.
If u scratched yourself, rubbed real hard and are bleeding…
If u burnt yourself…
If u fell down, ya seriously…
If your sister scratched u with her nails
She asks us to apply VASELINE PETROLEUM JELLY
At times it gets bugging, it’s mostly funny and we shake our heads and just let it be…but it gets bugging at times.
What is strange is that she trust’s it with all her heart and it works for her. It treats her. Thoughts are really more powerful thank u and I think.
Learning is soooo very important. I am doing my graphology course as most of u know. You really have to be away from learning for some time to realise how important it is. In my graphology class, I recently learned about the brain being just like a computer. Programming is done by the same 1 and 0 as for everyone. This concept really made me accept myself and not judge others.
You can learn from anyone, without even having a formal or informal relationship with them. My kids teach me to play carom on our event day. The process, the teachers and the students is wonderful.
I have learnt to take life as it comes from a very special friend. He has changed my outlook towards my life and my life plans to a great extent. He is the most hard working guy i know and the most professional person i know. Sometime’s u don’t even know where life takes u and what it might teach. Be open to it. Accept it.
Learning never goes waste. Never!!!
Hey, for those who are feeling lonely this valentine’s day, wish u a happy valentine’s day. If u don’t have anyone else to love, don’t worry. Love yourself. A few friends of mine did that today, they planned on going to Water kingdom, it is a different story that they couldn’t go but they had a plan which was better than sitting and moping.
What is there to cry about anyway? Have u ever loved yourself? Go do it today. Go, Get ready just for yourself, even if it feels silly, do it. U will enjoy. Take every experience that life gives u. u might not get it again ever. : )
If you don’t love yourself, why would anyone else want to love u?
I love gardening. I absolutely enjoy it. I don’t know how I didn’t do it earlier, probably my parent’s weren’t comfortable or they simply assumed how I would get bored of it.
Now, from the past 2 months I have been very regular with the watering (not just 2, but 3 times), fertilizing, and cleaning the leaves. My excitement about the plants has caught them too. When my shoe flower plant was infested with ants, my dad got me roses without me telling him anything. I was surprised. Now I have white and pink sadaphuli, small red roses, white – pink rose, wild red flowers, tulsi, aloe and one yellow flower plant that I got today after some heavy bargaining. I am so enjoying the whole thing. Try it out, u might like it too. I am going crazy over the rose’s daily growth. I daily click snaps of it, which I will upload soon.
Any tips? Any experiences to share?