It started as a very very minor discomfort and ended up with me not being able to use my right hand for 4 days now. Life is so tough sometimes. I have been using my left hand past 4 days now and trust me, I have never been in so much pain for such a long duration ever. My mom says – wait till you deliver a baby to shut me up. 😛
My maid was on leave few weeks back and this was at the time my article in New Woman came out. I remember this because I was laughing at His irony and ways to keep me humble. I cleaned every nook and corner of the house with all my might. Nothing happened for 2 weeks.
All of a sudden, there was this slight discomfort in my right wrist about 10 days back. As every woman does, I ignored it obviously. Slowly it grew, I applied ghee for some reason and stayed in the sun for sometime. It sort of healed but next morning, my hand was stiff. The stiffness reduced in few hours and I was busy with work. When I woke up on thursday, before saying my prayers, I had decided that I had to go the doctor today. 😦 If you know me, You know that it is my least favorite thing in the world. So, u can imagine the pain.
On the way, the pain increased. It was so weird. I left home alone thinking I could handle it, I was on my way to the hosp and the pain was increasing. I couldn’t bear to move my right hand now. At the hosp, there was a 2 hour wait and my mind was filled with the most obnoxious thoughts possible. I even imagined myself without an arm. 🙂 I called home and thank heavens it was holiday and mom came to my rescue. I love my mom. ❤
There are some important things I learnt though. Nothing new, nothing I hadn’t read before but experiencing it and learning it based on experience, really teaches u stuff at a whole new level. I don’t know if you will learn because I have learnt it, but that’s life I guess. We don’t learn from others mistakes, we are so hell bent on making our own. Anyway, the painkillers have put me on in a even more philosophical zone than ever, so bear with me.
- Mom and family is truly heaven sent
- No one can understand your pain as you can. When I was asked to describe my pain on a scale of 1 to 10, I said 9 and my sister laughed coz apparently childbirth is 6 to 8, but what does she know. Each one has their own threshold of pain
- Even a single negative thought or negative wish can come true. I remember thinking how life would be if I even had a plaster. Now… Sigh, watch your thoughts, Count your blessings. One single muscle can bring you to tears.
- Negative thoughts can drain your energy in a jiffy. Singing helps 🙂 Mom’s kind words definitely help.
- Suffering is actually a very beautiful experience. It truly makes u feel His presence. The hosp I went is at walking distance from my house and the doc is available on Thursday and Monday only. Thank God, My pain increased on Thursday or I would have to go some far away hospital. I went at 9 because I was to go in that direction anyway and realized that if i would have gone at 11, The doctor wouldn’t be there. So thank God for whatever reasons I went early. The lady standing in the queue before me was an angel sent till the time my mom came. She helped me fill my form and also tried to take my mind off my hand when she realized I was crying. When you sit alone with your pain, Learning comes on its own. The seat besides me was empty for sometime. I have always felt His presence when I am alone like this.
- And thank Heavens it was my right hand and not my left. 😛
Send me good wishes for a quick healing, Got lots of work to do. 🙂